The Faculty aspires to become a centre of excellence for medical education and research, and for the provision of healthcare services through smart partnerships with the Ministry of Health as well as national and international professional bodies and institutions.
The faculty will achieve its vision through prudent fiscal policies and a mission-oriented approach that includes the following key elements:
- To provide the sustainable academic infrastructure that enables students to pursue medical education through an accredited medical curriculum;
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, skilful and holistic in their approach to clinical medicine and competent enough to undertake training as house officers;
- To produce graduates capable of appreciating the socio-psychological, cultural, economic, religious and environmental factors affecting health and illness that will enable them to discharge their professional responsibilities;
- To train students effectively in evidence-based medicine and instil in them an aptitude for lifelong learning and research; and
- To develop postgraduate studies and research to meet national and regional aspirations in the medical and healthcare fields