Professor and Deputy Dean,
School of Communication & School of Psychology, General and Foundational Studies
- Doctorate of Business Administration (Universiti Utara Malaysia)
- Masters of Business Administration (Leicester University, UK)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Communication (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Online consumer behaviour, online advertising and marketing communications.
- Dr Adeline’s teaching interests are in corporate communication, advertising and integrated marketing communications. She has taught several modules in the area of corporate communication and marketing communication. She has also been involved in developing and teaching professional development courses.
Dr Adeline has been in the communications and education industries for more than twenty years. Prior to joining QIU, she held several senior roles in her previous employment. Her education industry experience include being the Deputy Dean of the School of Communications at Taylor’s University, as the Programme Chair of Sunway University Business School, and as the Academic Head in the Institute of Advertising Communication Training. Before joining the education sector, she was a marketing communication specialist attached to several listed companies in Malaysia and Singapore i.e. Multi-Purpose Holdings Berhad, Kumpulan Guthrie Berhad and Singapore Airport Terminal Services.
- Deputy Dean (2019 - Present) Faculty of Social Sciences, Quest International University
- Deputy Dean (2016 – 2017) : Faculty of Business Management & Social Sciences, Quest International University Perak
- Head of Academic (2015) : Sunway College Ipoh
- Programme Chair (2010 – 2015) : Sunway University Business School, Sunway University, Selangor
- Deputy Dean/Programme Director (2006 -2010) : School of Communication, Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
- Academic Head of Communication (2000 – 2005) : Institute Advertising Communication Training, Selangor
Currently Dr Adeline is the editorial board member for the international journal; SIJ transactions on industrial, financial and business management journal. As a facilitator for International Advertising Association (IAA), she has successfully conducted professional certification courses & training for working professionals in the areas of advertising and marketing communications. She has also provided professional consulting in these areas for several local and international firms. She has led several students’ community projects that received media coverage.
- A marketing communication specialist attached to several listed companies in Malaysia and Singapore i.e. Multi-Purpose Holdings Berhad, Kumpulan Guthrie Berhad and Singapore Airport Terminal Services.
- Currently the editorial board member for the international journal; SIJ transactions on industrial, financial and business management journal.
- Facilitator for International Advertising Association (IAA) and has conducted professional certification courses & training for working professionals in the areas of advertising and marketing communications.
- Provided professional consulting in marketing communications for several local and international firms.
Dr Adeline has presented in several international conferences and has research publications in several international journals and conference proceedings. She has also published articles in education magazines & professional bodies’ periodicals.
Dr Adeline has also been invited as a speaker and participant in international conferences by the Malaysian Communication & Multimedia Corporation as well as the Singapore Government – Singapore Building and Construction Authority.
Some of her publications in conference proceedings and academic journals include:
- Exploring Malaysian Consumers’ Online Hotel Room Booking Intention. (2017). Conference Proceedings of 12th Annual London Business Research Conference.
- Determinants of Green Purchase Behaviour Among Young Consumers: An Online Perspective
Paper presented at the Australian Academy of Business and Social Sciences Conference. (2015). Conference Proceedings and Australian Journal of Business and Economic Studies.
- Leisure Tourists’ Online Buying Intentions in Malaysia (2015). Conference Proceedings and Journal of Developing Areas.
- Exploring consumers’ green purchase behaviour towards online green advertising. (2013). Conference Proceedings and The Macrotheme Review Winter edition,2(7),60-81.
- Exploring Consumers’ Attitudes and Behaviours toward Online Hotel Room Reservations. (2013). Conference Proceedings and American Journal of Economics, 2013; 3(5C): 6-11, doi:10.5923/c.economics.201301.02
- The Predictors of Attitude towards Online Advertising. (2012). Conference Proceedings and International Journal of Applied Psychology, 2013; 3(1): 7-12. doi:10.5923/j.ijap.20130301.02.
- Investments in green strategies improve company value. (2012). IADIS International Conference on Sustainability, Technology and Education. Conference Proceedings of International Conference on Sustainability, Technology and Education.
- University students’ response to online advertising structures in Malaysia (2011). Conference Proceedings of the FILM and Media 2011, London, UK.
Her publications in periodicals include:
- Debunking the myth of events planning. Doctorjob’s Courses Now 2013
- Reaching Out. Suara TEAM 2012
- Events Management, the way forward! Doctorjob’s Courses Now 2011
- Studying Mass Communication Doctorjob’s Courses Now 2009
- Are you a PR Material? Doctorjob’s Courses Now 2006
- Careers in Advertising and Marketing Communications Doctorjob’s Courses Now 2005